Thursday, November 6, 2008

My opinion about "An Inconvenient Truth"


I think the film was great. Many people think that the film is political rather than scientific, maybe because of the past history of Al Gore, when he used to be the vice president of US. In my opinion, I think that the movie is scientific because in the slide show Gore reviews many scientific facts.

I think everybody should see it. Global warming is all man-made and we all must do something to control it. The charts show the rate of global warming increased dramatically with the industrial revolution. I didn’t know how serious is the global warming until I saw this documentary. We all know that the US is the largest culprit of carbon emissions, and yet, it refuses to ratify the Kyoto protocol. This film like a wakeup call for us, people must be aware of the serious effects of the global warming and do something to control this problem. We can do many things, for example, we can use more efficient electricity appliances, or using renewable technologies, or using public transport. Another thing that I liked about this movie is that Al Gore used different ways to communicate with his audience; he used the slide show and different charts. Also he told some stories and some jokes to make people laugh.

Overall, the movie was good. It makes us to care more about our planet and try to reduce the global warming.

No comments: